Monday, September 21, 2009

The long awaiting short break...

Finally, the long awaiting weekend break was here. Both DD and I need this break to relax our mind and put everything aside. Our mini getaway started on Fri (18/9). My DD came pick me up around 10.30am and I brought him to one of my favourite place for lunch - The Amoy Market. The place has lots of good food and is only opened till 1pm for most stalls. We had the "wan tan" noodles which I highly recommended. He loves it a lot. I also gotten my favourite muffins. I always find it so happy when I see my DD enjoying his food. :-)


After that, we went to Vivocity to run some simple errands, bought some beer and drinks before went check-in to the Siloso Beach Resort. We check-in to the resort around 1pm. Being the 1st time to the resort, my DD said that the place was nice. Good that he liked the place. Phew!! We didn't do much at Sentosa because it was raining on Fri and Sat. But we did take the opportunity to take a walk around Sentosa (since my DD haven't been to Sentosa for a long time) on Fri. We also went to the Underwater World, took the Luge ride and when the sun was out, we took a short break at the beach on Sat. The rest of the time, bascially we just eat and sleep, eat and sleep. A pig's life. It's good because it allowed us to relax our mind. Really happy that we were able to have this weekend getaway. Simple but worth it.


We checked out on Sun afternoon and went back to DD's place. Once again, relax at his place and watched a movie that night - The Ugly Truth. Really funny and there were some truth in what the male character said. Today (Mon), we went to DD's good friend ROM lunch. We spend our afternoon with his friends, talking and catching up. Overall, it was a great weekend. I am really glad that my DD is now relax and ready for new challenges again. :-)

Oh, another thing to be happy about is that I managed to have this serious talk with my DD in the car while he sent me home just now. A short but quality conversation about how I feel about things and there are still things I need to adjust about him and his character. I am glad that he understands what I mean and is willingly to work together with me. That is what being in a relationship is about - Working together to accept each other's flaws and continue to nourish the "love" that we have for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment